Like what we do?
Turbo the road legal vehicle
- Create a faithful reproduction of Turbo in road-legal form.
- With real head-turning appeal and street presence.
- With a look and finish to compete with contemporary sports cars (eg slick air intakes and neat accessories, high-gloss candy apple type paintwork).
- Appeal to petrol-head adults as well as kids.
Essential that the vehicle does not look like a fairground ride. It must be credible as a ‘car’ as well as a faithful depiction of the character. As though the character has been turned into a glossy high spec concept car.
The rear wheels should be racing spec, with slick tyres in keeping with a race car.
THE PRODUCTION SOLUTION
- Timeframe: 12 weeks.
- Built over a 1200cc BMW Trike.
- Polystyrene 5 axis CNC character bodywork, moulded in GRP.
- Internal sub-steel frame welded to Trike's chassis. GRP bodywork bolted to sub frame.
- A high-end quality recreation of the Turbo character, fully approved by Dreamworks.
- A vehicle that meets the brief as a concept car style interpretation.
- Smart integration of road legal measures such a brake and head lights, indicators and side mirrors.
- DVLA certified road legal vehicle. Free to drive all European public highways.
- Top speed 70mph.
- Test driven on private race track for full safety measures/DVLA approval.
- High gloss bodyshop spray finish and graphic livery application.
- Used at multiple Film premieres around Europe.
- Featured at Goodwood Festival of Speed.
DETAILED BEHIND THE SCENES
- An immensely successful campaign.
- The approach of a concept car, its high quality 'custom car' finish, and the 1200c BMW Trike beneath, did its job of attracting attention and respect from adult petrol heads and children alike.
- European premieres garnered Press coverage in multiple territories for Twentieth Century Fox, boosting box office sales.
- Turbo made an appearance at Goodwood Festival of Speed, fortuitously circuiting the track just as Chris Evans exited the pit lane in his Ferrari with Nick Mason of Pink Floyd as passenger - gathering invaluable Press and social media traffic.