Like what we do?
The world's thinnest vending machine
1. To build a vending machine to dispense Diet Coke bottles.
2. Bottles to vend safely and without pressurisation of contents through vibration/impact.
3. To refrigerate the stock and maximise the quantity contained within.
4. To be the thinnest vending machine in the world.
5. To vend 100% consistently and reliably for test period around Paris, and also the judges room at Cannes Festival of Creativity.
6. Turnaround: Design, build and install in 3 weeks.
- Smart adaptation of existing off-the-shelf vending machine for capitalisation of R&D/tested internal mechanisms and electronics.
- Mechanisms, electronics and refrigeration unit mounted off custom steel frame fabrication.
- Custom fabrication of bottle 'cartridge' to house stock of 50 bottles.
- 6-step R&D/prototype stage to perfect 'soft-landing-mechanism' of bottles into vending well.
- LED programming for digital read-out on front facia.
- Brand livery application and cladding.
- Officially recorded as the World's thinnest vending machine.
- Successfully vended chilled drinks to Parisian passersby, and to the Cannes Judges.
DETAILED BEHIND THE SCENES
THE PRODUCTION SOLUTION
Winner Cannes Silver.
Winner Bronze Pencil.
Slender Vender retained by client for potential global roll out of concept.
6 sapling oaks were planted with Trees for Cities for this project. Each of which will off-set one tonne of carbon in its lifetime.